7.11.2013

Cro-Dough


By now I'm sure everyone's heard of the cronut craze, though I have yet to try one. Why? Waiting on line for 2 hours is not my thing (I scoff at you Apple fangirls/boys), especially at the crack of dawn on a work night.  Plus, it's downtown and I'm midtown, and unfortunately, I don't have a minion (any volunteers??).

Thankfully, A visits Gregory's Coffee frequently and informed me that they started making an imitation cronut. WHAT? And the icing on the cake (er, croissant-donut) is that Gregory's is 2 blocks from my office. Oh, and there's no line.


They call it a "cro-dough" so obviously it's completely different. I've now tried it on two separate occasions (which you already know if you follow me on IG), both times in the early afternoon, as an after-lunch snack. Both times, I found them to be considerably chewy - made more noticeable by the fact that I had some trouble cutting it up with fork&knife. The filling though - Oh!  Change your chewy dough recipe, but don't do anything to the filling! My first try was their regular cream, and yesterday I went for their new chocolate - both incredibly delicious.

It may not be the original, but I'm A-okay with that.

ps. I'm now also in love with their iced coffee. #justsaying


Gregory's Coffee
551 Fashion Avenue

No comments: