5.11.2011

Szechuan Gourmet

Normally a little out of my lunch range, but my coworker happened to have tried it yesterday, and she's heard good things about it (one being that it's better than Ginger's). She also mentioned that they were good on the spicy.

Since it's a tad far, I planned on calling my order in for pickup - but better yet, I found them on seamlessweb (which I LOOOVE by the way - every restaurant needs to be on here. Or delivery.com.). It was quick. I placed my order, paid online, and by the time I spedwalked there, it was waiting for me at the crowded counter.

When I opened my shredded chicken with spicy garlic sauce, I knew it'd be spicy. It was drowning in red sauce. A few bites, and my mouth was on FIRE. But it was only 1 pepper on the menu! I thought I'd be safe! But it was good. Aside from the burning and the sneaky bits of unavoidable ginger. Eek! On the plus side, all those pieces I took to be onions on first glance (boo!), were actually bamboo shoots (yay!).

I'll have to try a non-pepper item from the menu next time.

Szechuan Gourmet
21 W 39th St
(btwn 5th & 6th)

No comments: