2.24.2011

Pancake Month!

...was back in February. Sorry if you missed it! But you might wanna go put it on your calendar for 2012 now.

Even though K's been to Clinton St Bakery a few times, it was the first time I'd ever been there. IG and I almost didn't make it there since a work PR event was scheduled the same night, but then I took a glance at the pancake special of the night, and...you can see we obviously skipped out on work (good thing it was canceled anyway!).


Our eyes were hungry and the new setting had us craving everything. When IG ordered a hot apple cider, I ordered it buttered with cinnamon. OMG. OMG. OMG. Don't ever get the buttered hot apple cider with cinnamon - no matter how good it may sound. UNLESS, you like drinking butter. I thought my heart would attack me after the second sip.

But phew, it forgave me after trying the pancakes. The caramelized pineapple, coconut-topped -omg it's so fluffy I could die- pancakes. Next February, don't be surprised if I'm living off pancakes.

If you're going with a good friend who'll share food (and I hope those are the only kinds of friends you have), TRY their fried chicken. It'll make you a happy camper. It's tender and reminiscent of Shake N Bake [insert childhood flashbacks].

ps. Don't forget to pick up a bag of their scones on your way out.



Doesn't it look like we ate in the dark by the light of an open door to a lit hallway? Maybe we did.

Clinton Street Baking Co
4 Clinton Street

No comments: