8.09.2010

Salted Caramel Shake WAR

(okay fine, more like a war inside my stomach -_-;)

I'm not really allowed to have these (dairy is evil!)...but...I really wanted them. XP I saw the monthly custard menu for Shake Shack, and made an internal vow to try out the salted caramel custard - offered on Mondays this month. Then Friday comes along and my stomach begs for food. Can-not-get-shake-shack. What better substitute for a cheat-day Friday, than Schnipper's?! And low -n- behold, they have salted caramel shakes!

Schnipper's salted caramel shake: $6.50
I loved the saltiness of this shake - though it still could've been saltier - but the caramel taste was sadly lacking. There was a visible squirt of caramel (see image), which was definitely not enough to single-handedly create a detectable caramel taste.

Shakeshack salted caramel shake: $5.25
Ooh, salty! And some distinct caramel taste that kinda lingers in my mouth. More on the fluffy side, but still very filling.


And the WINNER is...

Shakeshack! Overall, their shake had a better blend of flavors, and my preferences sway towards salty-goodness ;p Their shake is smaller in size than Schnipper's, but still way too much for my stomach to handle - especially with an actual lunch to go with it (helloooo 'shroom burger!). So I definitely appreciate the smaller size (and the smaller price!).

...What's your preference?


Schnipper's Quality Kitchen
620 8th Avenue
(btwn 40th & 41st)

Shake Shack
691 8th Ave
(@44th St)

No comments: