12.22.2010

Ajisai Japanese Fusion

IG walked in this morning craving some udon. So I suggested we try this Japanese place that stuffed their menu under our door a few days ago.

I was deciding between chicken teriyaki (cause I thought it'd be a safe dish) or a 3-roll lunch special (there was a peanut avocado roll I was eyeing). IG convinced me to get the chicken teriyaki, and when I asked what to order for her, she said, "the bento box..with chicken teriyaki." ...eh...what?!

It's been a really long time since I've ordered chicken teriyaki. Is this what it always tasted like?? It tasted like grilled chicken with pepper on top. Until I put the sauce on. Then it tasted like grilled chicken with pepper and sauce on top. The chicken was tender and the veggies were cooked to my liking (loved the spinach!). The whole dish was actually pretty good...but chicken teriyaki it was not.

(I've now read a bunch of reviews that say their sushi is good. Darnit, not taking IG's advice next time.)


Ajisai Japanese Fusion
615 9th Ave
(btwn 43rd & 44th)

No comments: